Are We There Yet?

You are going to help the Medina Family plan their Spring break.  Do not forget to provide where you collected your information.

A.     Where should the Medina family go for spring vacation in the United States?  Focus on areas that are within a 6 hour driving distance from New Jersey. 

Hint:  Maryland, Washington, New York, Virginia,   Connecticut, Delaware, Pennsylvania

B.     How much money should they spend for their entire spring vacation?

C.    What should they do for activities?  How much should each activity or entertainment cost?  Remember the amount can not exceed what you state for the cost of the entire vacation (see Letter B).

D.   Pick a hotel.  State the hotel name, cost per night, and parking fees.

Helpful Links: 

1. http://www.frommers.com/
  2. http://www.frommers.com/destinations/usa/
  3. http://www.fodors.com/world/north-america/usa/
  4. http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-guides/united-states-travel-guide.html?id=250
  5. http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/United_States_of_America/TravelGuide-United_States_of_America.html 

30 Responses to “Are We There Yet?”

1. Everyone is going an excellent job. I want you to keep in mind that the trip is for 5 days. So, there should be an activity for each day. Keep up the research.

2. Jamirah, check you total for the hotel. Make sure your proofread what you have typed before submitting it.

3. Corey, I need some more information.

4. Breanna, you need to give me an idea on how much it will cost to go to Tony Lukes, where is it located, and what type of food do they serve.

I am recommending that all students type their comments in Microsoft Word, use spelling and grammar check, and submit comment. However, you still need to make sure you are spacing and hitting the write keys.

Lastly, thank you for your effort.

5. @Corey, you need to read what you are typing before submitting it because some of your sentences need revising and proofreading. Thank you for the information.

6. @Lamar, can you write this in paragraph form. Next, you do not have complete sentences and your amount for the hotel is not written correctly. Finally, read your type response before submitting it.

Hint: You could type your comment in Microsoft Word and spelling and grammar check before copying and pasting your response on this blog.

7. 1. Good food Good Asian cost $18.95.

8. 1. Mrs.Medina should go to the Bookly Bridge Marriott you half to pay 2,4104.

2. You also can go to the National Museum of america Indina it is free and opens at 10:00am.

3. Also there is a restaurant called Gary’s papaya it is cheap.

4. There is a park four your family that is free it is called Brgant Zoo it opens 7-7 I think you will have a great time.

5.Finally, there’s a zoto it’s name is Bronx Zoo it do not cost that much I hope you have a good vaction.

9. You should go to American swedish it cost 24 doller in it is open noon to 4.

10. Mrs.Medina you should go to Maryland.You could go to the hotel Days Inn.You have to pay $940.43 you visit through April 11-16.You can go to the museum Great Black in Wax its open 10 to 4p.m. It cost $36.00 for four people. The park Federal Hill cost $15.00 per person. The restaurant that you can go ti is Lin’s Chinese Cuisine its $5.99 per person.

Wow! I am impressed with your work.

11. Mrs.Medina you should go to Maryland.You could go to the hotel Days Inn.You have to pay $940.43 you visit through April 11-16.

Excellent! Could you research the activities that are available and how much they would cost?
    Mrs. Medina

12. i think you should go visted Baltimore, Maryland.

You need to proofread what you are typing before you submit it to be placed on the blog.

13. I think you should go to new york because cetro park is free and wild park is 24 dollors.

Your writing needs to be proofread before you submit it because New York and Central Park should be capitalized and $24 is not written correctly. Lastly, do not use your last name when you post your comments.

14. I think you should go to Virginia.
    zoos- Virgina living musem. 60 dollers for 4 people. open from 9am to 5 pm.

15. newcasle oldlibrar

16. I think you should go to New York City and the parks are $24 dollars to go in the wild life center.

17. I think you should go to NEW YORK.Vist the city of new york.
    Central park is free and it cots 24 dollars for 4 people to go in the Wildlife Center.

18. I THINK YOU SLOD GO TO BALTIMORE.

19. I think you shol go to Del.

20. Mrs.Medina you can go to the museum Great Black in Wax its open 10 to 4p.m. It cost $36.00 for four people. The park Federal Hill cost $15.00 per person.

21. 1. Mrs.medina should go to Arthur Ross Gallery.
    2.The resturants in Pennsydvania is Tony Lukes and it is cost .
    3. Pat’s King of Steaks would cost less than $10 per person and it is at 9th street crosses Wharton & Passyunk Ave, South Philadelphia, PA.
    4. The Arthur Ross Gallery is open from 10-5 p.m. and it is free.

22. 1.Mrs.Medina the achivihies you can go to are called Central Park zoo cost $24.00 it starts at 10am and ends at 5pm.

2.You can ride the Staten Island ferry to Island for free you can go to Statue of Liberty Ellis Island Immigration Musemun and it cost $80.

3.Central Park is free and Asian American Arts Centre in Chinatown for free Monday through Friday 12:30p.m.

23. Mrs medina you should go to Pennsylvania and go to a hotel it is called the Gables.

Make sure you include the price of the hotel stay for the 5 days.
    Mrs. Medina

24. 1.The medina famiy should go to Pensydvania for Spring break.
    2.The money to spent is 6.45.75$for two bed rooms.
    3.The hotel that you going to stay is Holiday Inn Historic District.

Your total is not written correctly. $645.75 is the correct way to write the amount.
    Mrs. Medina

25. New York

entertanmet:Move theater

Hotel:Bevrleved Hotel
    Children:2 Gronups:2
    4/11/09 4/16/09

Can you write the information in sentence form.
    Mrs. Medina

26. 1. My city name is New York.

2. The hotel name that I stay in is called City Club Hotel and it cost $2,239.66.

3. It was 2 children and 2 grown up.

4. It was 1 room and 4 guest.

Excellent! Now can you tell me the activities and entertainment available in New York. Do not forget to state how much they most.
    Mrs. Medina

27. 1.City/state:Pennsylvania,
    Lathan.
    2.My hotel is Lathan.
    3.My amout that I have to is 4,99$
    4. The date is 4/11 to 4/16.

Your total is not written correctly.
    Mrs. Medina

28. Mrs.Medina should go to New York City. You could go to the Bookly Bridge Marriott hotel. You have to pay $2,411.04. You could stay Though 4/11-4/16.

Excellent! Could you research the entertainment and activities that are available. Make sure you state how much they cost.
    Mrs. Medina

29. 1. The Medina family should go to Maryland. 2.Thay shuld go to the day’s In holtal. 3. The amont of mony is 1,881.26.

Please, proofread your typing before you submit it for review. You have several typing errors.
    Mrs. Medina

30. 1.City/state:Pennsylvania,
    Lathan.
    2.My hotel is Lathan.
    3.My amount of the hotel is 4,99$.
    4. The date is 4/11 to 4/16.